Air suspension involves suspending vehicles, mechanized by using pumps run by electricity or engines. The main function of the compressor is to pump the air into adjustable bellows. The bellows are inflated by the pressure and the chassis is raised from the axle. Some of the common air suspension challenges which can lead to malfunctioning of vehicles are:
• Air-bag failure - This phenomenon mainly occurs due to decay or rust in the interior region of the conditioning system. With the passage of time rubber dries out, leading to failure of air suspension parts. Constant pressure put by debris while driving on the road could also lead to puncturing of bags.. At times, bags are not installed properly. This could lead to their constantly rubbing with the frame of the vehicle and ultimately getting damaged. Another factor could be failure of air springs.
• Air line failure - This defect occurs due to the inability of the tubing system to perform its duties properly. This failure occurs when the bags constantly scratch against the chassis of the vehicle. This type of malfunctioning occurs over a long passage of time. Such a failure also occurs when the vehicle is constantly driven in harsh road conditions.
• Air fitting failure - The main reason behind this failure is the fitting of low quality components. Various components like solenoids, bags and valves are connected by using fittings meant for conditioning. They are fixed in to the vehicle using air suspension.
• Compressor failure - This defect occurs due to the malfunctioning of the struts. The main task of the compressor is to control the pressure inside the leaking system. At times, the electronic parts inside the conditioning system start malfunctioning after coming in contact with the moisture left inside the air system. In order to avoid such a situation, you can either use two compressors or purchase a single high quality compressor.
• Dryer failure - The function of the dryer inside the compressor is to remove the moisture from the air system. With the passage of time, the dryer loses its ability to perform its functions properly. Due to the failure of the dryer, the excessive moisture can damage the air springs.
In order to make sure that the air suspension system inside the vehicle works properly, you should get your vehicle checked periodically. In case any repair is required, it should be performed immediately to prevent future malfunctioning. Regular repair and maintenance helps in keeping the various systems inside the vehicle in good shape.
About the Author:
To know more about car suspension challenges, Contact Us
Common Air Suspension Challenges
Air suspension involves suspending vehicles mechanized by using pumps run by electricity or engines. The main function of the compressor is to pump the air into adjustable bellows. The bellows are inflated by the pressure and the chassis are raised from the axle. Some of the common air suspension challenges which can lead to vehicle malfunctioning are:...
Factors to Consider While Buying Ute Ladder Racks for Your Vehicle
Racks can be used for attaching a variety of products to your vehicle. You can attach racks to the spare tire, hatchback, vehicle roof, trailer hitch of the vehicle. Every option has its own pros and cons. Various denominators like price, multiple usage, and how easily they can be fitted can be taken in to consideration. Below all the factors have been discussed in detail:...
4 Mistakes to Watch Out for When Making a Van Leasing Agreement
People tend to make few mistakes when making lease agreement. However, van leasing can be an easy procedure only if you have considered all the nitty gritties....
A New Technology That Will Change Everything
William A. Edwards
Every few years someone claims that the world will be changed by a new technology. Sometimes they are right, and other times they're wrong. This has lead many of us to believe that we have all placed too much faith in the technological revolution. Despite all our criticism, concerns and fears about anything new that involves a microchip, no one can deny that the world has changed for the better or worse thanks to high tech gadgetry and there is no end in sight. In most cases there is not an instant effect caused by new inventions. It takes time for people, industry and governments to adjust. During those periods of adjustment the technology has time to become refined and less expensive. Workers who lose their jobs to new technologies end up having to look for other types of employment. This is a cycle that people have experienced since the dawn of the industrial revolution, and now it is about to happen all over again in a huge way....
Got Wheels? Part 3
Peggy L Farnworth
Begin with knowing what you need in a car and what you want. Know your price range, know your financing options; know the value of your car. Do your homework....
The Differences Between Truck Maintenance and Car Maintenance
If you are new to owning both a car and a truck, keep in mind that their factory maintenance schedules will differ. Proper automotive maintenance is mandatory to keep a vehicle in optimal condition for a long time....
Me And Mercedes - A Personal View
I dare not review a motorcar; I don't have the automotive expertise or knowledge, though I've been able to drive plenty of them. In this article I am reflecting on the Mercedes marque in general, and a fifteen year old E240 in particular - nothing technical, just some musings!...