Did you know that postcards are the up and coming way to reach clients?
Because of how inexpensive it is to mail postcards and the way people respond to them, it is time to invest in them especially if you're a local small business owner and professional.
This includes if you're a lawyer, doctor, realtor, carpet cleaner, contractor, and more.
Postcards are best used as marketing to promote sales, store events, or special occasions at your small business. Keep your message short, your offer sweet, and use eye-catching images that make the card attractive.
What to Keep in Mind when Building One
There are a million things that one can do with a postcard to make it successful, but like building airplanes, some were never meant to fly. Therefore, these are the things you have to keep in mind.
Hone your Targeting
- Target a neighborhood based on your ideal client
- Make a yearlong campaign to this mailing list
- Use Trigger Words to hit their heartstrings and make it personal
*Note - Rent a direct mail list from sites like hoovers.com, avention.com and infousa.com if you haven't been able to build your own or use the Post Office's EDDM Program.
Use one eye-catching graphic and a Nine-Word headline to grab attention and lead to your content
Own Today! With Our Limited Time Offer of All Fees Waived! ( A $500 Value)
Make a Juicy Offer that they can't refuse.
- Free E-Book that they would want to read
- First Two Consultations Free
- Waived Fees
*Note - Don't forget to put the value saved in parenthesis to emphasize what they could be missing. ($99 value)
Ensure you create scarcity by having an expiration date.
- Example - For One Time Only - Sale Ends 06/01/2015
Developing the content is important
- Have enough relevant information so that it's clear what the product or service is
- Include information on how to respond. This is where you need to get creative
- For better response ask a question, and bury the answer toward the end of the other side so they are enthralled in wanting the read the entire postcard.
*Note - The most effective direct-mail postcard mailers don't attempt to sell prospects straight from the postcard. Rather, they compel your readers to take the next step in the purchasing process.
Design the card
- Make the Postcard Bigger than normal to attract attention
- Watch your justification - Justifying the left margins helps readers find the beginning of your copy. But if it is centered or justified on both sides, it becomes harder to read.
*Note - Get Creative. Do things to grab attention and never let go. For example, Flip-flop side A and B. Where A is reserved for your photo and headline, while side B contains the pitch along with the stamp and address. Do it to keep your prospects engaged.
Tracking the card
- Link recipients to a landing page that is specific to the card.
- Have a postcard specific promo code.
- Run your card by your editor or a few people you know to ensure it gets the desired results
- Follow the eyes, this is a good technique to see how the postcard directs the eyes of someone who receives it. If they follow it through, great, if it has parts that cause the person to lose interest, you have a problem on your hands.
About the Author:
Lucas Thomas has earned thousands of dollars with only one white sheet of paper. With only ink and paper he has become financially free.
He has been doing professional copy for the last four years. And officially started his Copywriting and Internet Marketing business in May of 2011. Using direct marketing, he has both on and off line become successful. And now he is available for the first time to provide for your business. Using elegant copy, he will boost your business to the next level. By qualifying members and converting those leads to sales.
For more information, please visit http://www.ltanswers.com