Are you looking for a new career or part-time job? If so, here are 10 reasons why bar work may be the best choice.
1. Because they can be very busy environments, one of the main advantages of working in a bar is that the time can go very quickly.
2. Not only that, but they're rarely boring places to work. The right bars will offer a fun and lively atmosphere to work in. Plus, even if everyone has been served, there are other tasks to keep to occupied.
3. Compared to other part-time jobs, bar jobs offer competitive and often very favourable rates of pay. Many will also offer very good overtime rates, giving you to the chance to boost your pay packet.
4. Working in a bar needn't be a short-term option. Many companies offer the opportunity to train and apply for bar manager jobs. If you like the idea of running your own bar in the future, it could be a great first step.
5. Bars are social environments by their very nature and that also tends to be reflected amongst the staff. Employees within teams often become great friends and find that the work barely feels like a job at all.
6. There are many skills that are developed through bar work that can be transferred into other jobs, including customer service, staff management and attention to detail.
7. Employees can gain a great deal of satisfaction and take prestige in their work, as the staff are often the key to what makes a bar great.
8. If you've just moved to a new area or want to make some new friends, bar work is often the best way of doing so. Plus, you're earning money while you do!
9. Bars tend to offer a flexible approach to work hours, meaning the work can often be fit around your life and/or another job.
10. The skills you inherit will never leave you and should you ever find yourself needing extra money in the future, you will have some key skills on which to turn to.
If you're looking for bar jobs, start by checking out job open days or visiting the website of a company you like.
About the Author:
Revolution have some fantastic bar and kitchen jobs that are perfect if you're looking for something part-time or looking to build a career. Why not visit Revolution-Bars.co.uk to find out more about part-time roles and bar manager jobs in your area.
Be Realistic In Your Career and Business Expectations
Seek to learn. Take advantage of other people's experience. Be prepared to build your own credibility. Understand that the person on Chapter 20 probably remembers his tough times a little differently than how he felt when he was in chapter one!...
Job Search Success + 4 Other Ezine Benefits
As a recruiter, I almost never see different article publication references listed on the resumes of young, recent college graduates or, for that matter, executive level applicants. Having the word "author" on your resume is a heck of a lot better than not having it....
Choosing The Right Career After Graduation
From my interaction with students both on the recruiting end and with my interaction with career centers, I often see university students, upon graduation pick a career almost out of thin air. Some claim that their life calling is in finance while others feel that...
Education Teaching Jobs - Tips to Landing a Teaching Job
With education being a focus area, you can easily get education teaching jobs in K-12 grades. More money is being pumped into education and jobs in education have gone up in recent years. And he teaching job has also undergone several developments and changes as...
Education and Training Jobs - Top 10 Things You Should Know about Them
Education and training jobs are the flavor in these tough economic times with lay-offs and high unemployment rates elsewhere. Even with high rates of unemployment, education and training offers a large scope for jobs as more and more funds are coming in. With the Obama...
Education Training Jobs - How to Secure Training Jobs in Education
Education training jobs are in great demand these days even though other sectors are not faring well. Education training employment has surged in recent years with more funding coming in and the candidates applying for the job require having the right attitude and experience. Jobs...
Job Advertisement - How to Work in Advertisement Jobs
Getting an ad job by applying against a job advertisement to further advertisement careers is a big challenge. But the real challenge begins after you have landed up at the advertisement agency and have to prove yourself every minute that you are really the deserving...