The following top 10 industry associations in radiology come from a list of countless professional organizations for radiologists. There are associations, boards, colleges, institutes, registries, societies and other professional organizations across the country, throughout North America and all over the world. The following top 10 are among the most relevant and popular in the United States.
1. American Board of Radiology: The ABR has a mission of serving patients, the public and the medical profession by certifying that its members in the U.S. "have acquired, demonstrated and maintained a requisite standard of knowledge, skill and understanding essential to the practice of diagnostic radiology, radiation oncology and radiologic physics."
2. American College of Radiology: The ACR has 34,000 members including interventional radiologists, medical physicists, nuclear medicine physicians, radiation oncologists and radiologists.
3. American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine: The AIUM is a source for ultrasound accreditation, affiliation, continuing education, job searches, networking and more.
4. American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers: The ARDMS has been promoting quality patient care and safety through certification and continuing competency of ultrasound professionals since 1975.
5. American Society of Radiologic Technologists: The ASRT represents the medical personnel who perform diagnostic imaging examinations and radiation therapy treatments with a mission of advancing the profession and enhancing patient care.
6. International Society of Radiographers & Radiological Technologists: The RSRRT has national societies and individual associate members dedicated to their mission of "representing the practice of medical imaging and radiation therapy technology by promoting the highest achievable standards of patient care and professional practice."
7. Radiological Society of North America: The RSNA has been committed to excellence in patient care through education and research since 1915, with more than 40,000 members.
8. Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers: The SDMS has been advancing, educating and promoting members and the diagnostic medical sonography community since 1970.
9. Society of Nuclear Medicine: The SNM, an international scientific and professional organization, has been promoting the practical application, science and technology of nuclear medicine since 1954, with 16,000 current members.
10. Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound: This society was founded to advance the field of ultrasound with physician membership, journal publishing, scientific research and patient resources.
Find detailed information about top radiology technician schools and best radiology tech programs at RadiologyTechnicianSchoolsU.com. Choose the best radiology school in your preferred locations and start your career in a rewarding filed now.