The act of scratching anal itches is downright embarrassing because it's an indication that something is wrong down there. Now it would even be more embarrassing if you had to explain everything because it's an even greater indication that something is wrong with your diet, your lifestyle, your hygienic practices and everything related to the root causes of haemorrhoids and other causes of anal itching.
Nevertheless, to avoid embarrassing situations where you will be caught red-handed with the act of scratching, know how to relieve itchy haemorrhoids.
First in the agenda is that you should be aware that scratching your haemorrhoids can only worsen whatever damage your skin is going through. Neither should you use commercially prepared creams or ointments.Â Consider the following herbal balms or remedies:
1. Take a sitz bath with 2 to 3 drops of peppermint oil three times a day for about 15 minutes each.
2. Use tea tree oil and mix with a few drops of olive oil and apply it on the affected parts.
3. Use whey or curdled milk compress and press it against the itching parts. Whey acids will soothe the itching haemorrhoids.
4. Take a slippery elm enema to neutralize acidity
Next, after knowing how to get rid of haemorrhoids home remedies, you should also know the additional things you have to do to prevent the itch from recurring.
5. The main important thing you should maintain is to keep the entire anal are clean and dry.
6. Free your entire bottom region from tight and constricting clothes that can cause the anal area to sweat.
7. Wear absorbent and loosely structured underwear and avoid using purely synthetic materials due to their lack of absorbency.
8. In washing your anus after relieving yourself of bowels, avoid using toilet paper or wet wipes but use warm water and mild soap instead.
9. Never over wash has either, since the haemorrhoids will become itchy if the skin becomes overly dry.
10. Observe if your itching is a reaction to eating some form of food preparation; this way you can avoid its recurrence. Usually spicy foods with black pepper, cinnamon or cayenne are known to cause extreme anal itching.
11. You should also avoid foods that cause you colic or stomach gasses which you tend to pass-off as flatulence.
12. Avoid the use of harsh and harmful washing detergents for your clothes particularly your underwear. You should also make sure that they are rinsed well.
13. Do not use creams containing steroids because they can make your skin thinner and can make your haemorrhoids even worse.
These are only some of the ways on how to relieve itchy haemorrhoids as well as other preventive measures to avoid its recurrence.Â Any sign of itching is a sign of disorder and it is sometimes too embarrassing to discuss with your doctor. Make your own observations as to what treatment gives you the most relief as well as take note of the factors that trigger the itching sensations.About the Author:
Alvin Hopkinson is a natural health educator in the area of natural remedies and hemorrhoids cures. Discover the best hemorrhoid treatment available using proven natural home remedies, all without using harmful medications or drugs. Visit his site now at http://www.hemorrhoidpainrelief.org
If you enjoyed this article, you might also like: Home Remedies for Painful Hemorrhoids