Consumers spend an amazing amount of money each year on health care products. Besides makeup for women, most people are concerned with the top of their head than any other body feature. The hair loss industry alone is a huge indicator of how important styling has become in our modern culture. Most people spend more time washing, drying, and styling the mop on the top of their head than on any other activity. From high-end salon services to over-the-counter soaps, lotions, and conditioners, this industry is huge.
While most people stick products they like most, many of the same people need a reminder about basic routines. You want to keep your hair healthy and happy for years to come and avoid the unnecessary damage caused by bad hair care habits or, worse, old myths passed down from relatives.
So, how can you ensure your locks stays healthy while looking good in the process? Check out these 10 don'ts to keep your hair attractive for years to come.
1. Don't be cheap. I know we're all trying to cut costs but try to avoid the cheapest products at your local grocery store as much as possible. These cheap products can be very damaging.
2. Don't cut your own locks. Leave all the cutting to your stylist. I know it's tempting to cut those bangs before you head out the door but try to resist the temptation.
3. Don't over-expose yourself. Sun, salt, chlorine and other chemicals wreak havoc on your follicles. If you just can't avoid exposure, try to cover up as much as possible.
4. Don't use clarifying products on your tresses more than one time per week. They can strip out essential moisture and oils. Using clarifier products can cause dryness and, eventually split ends. Use sparingly.
5. Don't use nonprofessionals. How many ads do you see for high-end salons? Very few. Cheap, franchise type salons can be risky. Ask your friends. Get a referral. You don't want to leave your look to amateurs.
6. Don't buy color-in-a-box. These are cheap, imitation products that, if applied incorrectly, can cause serious damage. Pay the money to have a professional color you up.
7. Don't stay stuck. The 80s were over a long time ago. Don't be afraid of changing your style to get up to date.
8. Don't use a clothes iron. Surprisingly, people still do this and it's a big no-no. Not only will you cause damage, you could seriously injure yourself. Get a straightening iron. They're much more affordable today.
9. Don't brush too hard while wet. This is especially true if you have damaged or thin hair.
10. Don't use lemon juice or other over-the-counter products as a lightener. This can seriously fry you.
Follow the above 10 don'ts and you'll be well on your way to looking great for the rest of your life.
About the Author:
If you truly want healthy hair
but can't find a professional to deliver your needs, then visit http://kwikbeauty.com
, the world's best beauty professional resource.
Why the Top 12 Dark Spot Removal Remedies Don't Work And What Really Does!
K. D. Gates
We've heard it, seen it, and believed it all - but when it comes to dark spots on our skin, hype doesn't mean success. Get the real scoop on proven ingredients guaranteed to lighten your dark spots and brighten skin....
Reduce Eye Strain With Computer Glasses
Eye strain becomes an everyday event after spending hours before digital screens like computer screens. Not only eye strain, computer usage is accompanied by neck pain, blurriness of vision, eye fatigue and more becomes everyday event after continuous use. We tell you how Computer Glasses can give relief to daily digital device users....
People That Accuse You When You Are In The Right
Most of us know someone who accuses us of wrong-doing whenever we ask that they do what they should have done. For example, you may have a colleague who should have finished some work by a certain deadline, and your part of the work depends on their finished work. And when you ask for their work, they accuse you of being domineering, complain about you to HR, or just say that you are not their boss, or something like that. Or maybe you have a friend of loved one that was going to look after your pet or plants while you were away, and nearer the time, when you asked them when to deliver your house keys to them, they blast you with being too demanding and that you should not assume they will do the task, and so on. Or maybe you were having a conversation with and they seem convinced that you are wrong, even though you know that you are right. Sounds familiar?...
This Nutrition Question Can Change Everything
It's a simple step with profound effects. Ask this one question before you eat, and you can increase your energy, improve focus, improve your health, lift your mood, and feel great....
Fun Facts About Teeth
Dr Sunil Phol
Tooth is one of the most vulnerable parts of human body. It goes through a lot in its lifetime. This is the reason why we are always told to take good care of our teeth....
Different Types of Dental Practices to Choose From
Tushar Deep Singh
Believe it or not, running a dental clinic is not an easy task. Once you've made up your mind to excel in dental practice, there's no point of looking back and reconsider your decision as this will lower your morale drastically. However, dentistry is a field in which you can only achieve success once you adopt the newest techniques and make yourself familiar with the latest developments going on in this area of expertise. Also, you must set your goals first in order to reach great heights and fulfill all your desires....
Fitness Tips: 3 Best Exercises to Lose Belly Fat
Have you noticed that your belly is usually the most affected when you gain weight? And, sometimes you wonder if the flab will ever go away. The good news is, there are great exercises that can target your belly fat effectively, along with other simple effective steps....