The decision to go under the knife for cosmetic purposes can make you feel overwhelmed to say the least. Cosmetic surgery, even if only for pure aesthetic reasons, still involves a certain amount of risk. So, it goes without saying that you absolutely must find the right surgeon. And the right one for you may not be the same as your neighbor's suggestion. With that, you may have to be willing to travel to a much larger city, even if they're plenty of cosmetic doctors in your local area. You don't want to leave this life altering decision-whether good or bad-to someone who just graduated from medical school.
One important task to making sure you're choosing the right cosmetic surgeon is to check credentials. Are they certified with their respective governing board? Does she specialize in a certain procedure and meet all the qualifications for that specialty? A doctor who performs rhinoplasty may not be the best breast augmentation specialist. You'll never know unless you take the time to do the research yourself. Don't leave this to chance and your friend's recommendation from three years ago. The medical profession changes constantly and doctors must always clamor to keep up with the changing standards.
To expedite your research, both before and during your initial consultation, follow these general guidelines:
- What's the doctor's primary expertise? Don't let them tell you they are a "jack-of-all trades". Every surgeon specializes in something. Find out exactly what.
- Ensure that the surgeon has performed a substantial number of cosmetic surgery procedures.
- Once you've found out their area of expertise, find out how many procedures they've completed. You're looking for total number of procedures-both successful and unsuccessful. How do you find out if a surgery was unsuccessful? Ask! As a potential client, you have every right to ask about not so successful procedures. While the doctor probably won't go into details-patient confidentiality of course-he should give you an answer that at least makes you feel comfortable. You're not asking for a confession here. Just an honest answer.
- What kind of equipment is in the office? Ask to look around. What's the vibe you get when you walk into a room (if the procedure is performed in the office)? Does the equipment look like it walked of a bad 1990s movie? Or does it look state of the art? I think we all know when something is outdated and old technological wise.
- How much will it cost? Don't wait until the last-minute with deposits paid to ask how much the procedure will cost-the grand total cost with everything added in. If it's performed in a hospital, fees can add up very quickly. Just ask. Most doctors expect you to ask!
- Looks at pictures of previous patients from a pre and post operation perspective. Most offices will allow you to look through before and after pictures. Again, don't put this off. Know what you're getting into.
- Any type of surgery, including cosmetic, has its assumed risks and complications. Don't let the doctor dismiss you off-hand. Don't assume you won't be the 1% that ends up with a botched job.
- And last, but not least, make sure the doctor will be part of your post-op care.
Your cosmetic surgery success will depend on you to properly performing your due diligence. Don't let the excitement of having a procedure done prevent you from asking the right questions. And, likewise, don't let the fear of the process keep you from having it done.
About the Author:
To discover more vetted cosmetic surgeons
, visit http://kwikbeauty.com
, the world's best beauty professional resource.
Why the Top 12 Dark Spot Removal Remedies Don't Work And What Really Does!
K. D. Gates
We've heard it, seen it, and believed it all - but when it comes to dark spots on our skin, hype doesn't mean success. Get the real scoop on proven ingredients guaranteed to lighten your dark spots and brighten skin....
Reduce Eye Strain With Computer Glasses
Eye strain becomes an everyday event after spending hours before digital screens like computer screens. Not only eye strain, computer usage is accompanied by neck pain, blurriness of vision, eye fatigue and more becomes everyday event after continuous use. We tell you how Computer Glasses can give relief to daily digital device users....
People That Accuse You When You Are In The Right
Most of us know someone who accuses us of wrong-doing whenever we ask that they do what they should have done. For example, you may have a colleague who should have finished some work by a certain deadline, and your part of the work depends on their finished work. And when you ask for their work, they accuse you of being domineering, complain about you to HR, or just say that you are not their boss, or something like that. Or maybe you have a friend of loved one that was going to look after your pet or plants while you were away, and nearer the time, when you asked them when to deliver your house keys to them, they blast you with being too demanding and that you should not assume they will do the task, and so on. Or maybe you were having a conversation with and they seem convinced that you are wrong, even though you know that you are right. Sounds familiar?...
This Nutrition Question Can Change Everything
It's a simple step with profound effects. Ask this one question before you eat, and you can increase your energy, improve focus, improve your health, lift your mood, and feel great....
Fun Facts About Teeth
Dr Sunil Phol
Tooth is one of the most vulnerable parts of human body. It goes through a lot in its lifetime. This is the reason why we are always told to take good care of our teeth....
Different Types of Dental Practices to Choose From
Tushar Deep Singh
Believe it or not, running a dental clinic is not an easy task. Once you've made up your mind to excel in dental practice, there's no point of looking back and reconsider your decision as this will lower your morale drastically. However, dentistry is a field in which you can only achieve success once you adopt the newest techniques and make yourself familiar with the latest developments going on in this area of expertise. Also, you must set your goals first in order to reach great heights and fulfill all your desires....
Fitness Tips: 3 Best Exercises to Lose Belly Fat
Have you noticed that your belly is usually the most affected when you gain weight? And, sometimes you wonder if the flab will ever go away. The good news is, there are great exercises that can target your belly fat effectively, along with other simple effective steps....