In the Bible (1 Corinthians 1:13-31), Paul says:
1) Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into the name of Paul? I am thankful that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, so no one can say that you were baptized into my name. Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don't remember if I baptized anyone else.
2) For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing
For it is written: Â "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate."
3) Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?
For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him,
4) God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.
5) Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom,
6) But we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles,
7) For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom,
8) And the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.
9) But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.
God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised thingsâ€”and the things that are notâ€”to nullify the things that are, So that no one may boast before him.
10) Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."
The comments for the above sayings of Paul:
1. How many persons has Paul baptized? Paul made the answer confusing as he says:I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, So no one can say that you were baptized into my name. Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; Beyond that, I do not remember if I baptized anyone else.
2. Paul claims that the Lord God said: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise".Â Why the Lord God said that?
3. Paul claims that the Lord God made foolish the wisdom of the world.Â Why is that? What is the wisdom of doing that?
4. Paul claims that the Lord God was pleased through the foolishness...Â How come?
5. Paul claims that the Lord God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise.
6. Paul claims that these quotes are written in the Bible "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate." "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord", or "He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord "
But where in the Bible are these quotes written?
7. Also, Paul classifies mankind to Jews and Gentiles.
8. Then Paul said: "the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom"
9. And Paul also said: "the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength. "
As a matter of fact, Paul' statements about "the foolishness of God" and "the weakness of God" are Very Rude, Very Offensive, Very Impolite and Very Ill-Mannered. Â Â I have no saying about that since Paul is not mentioned in the Quran; however, I will assent to the smart reader to answer this question: Who is foolish and weak, God or Paul?
In the Quran's teaching, anyone who says "the foolishness of God" and/or "the weakness of God" is certainly a disbeliever and will end up in the Eternal Fire in the Hereafter.Â
In addition, the Quran does not classify mankind to Jews and Gentiles.
Also, it is well known that Wisdom is the profitable knowledge that leads to righteous action, speech and opinion.
In Verse 2:269, Allah mentioned His favor, saying that He gives wisdom, to whomever He will, and he who is given wisdom, has been given abundant good, because he will end up in perpetual bliss.
That is why, in Verse 20:114, Allah commanded his Prophet Muhammad (and the believers) to say in their prays â€˜My Lord, increase me in knowledge, memorization and understanding'
1Corinthians 1:13-31 (American Standard Version)
13) Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were ye baptized into the name of Paul?
14) I thank God that I baptized none of you, save Crispus and Gaius;
15) lest any man should say that ye were baptized into my name.
16) And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.
17) For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not in wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made void.
18) For the word of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us who are saved it is the power of God.
19) For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, And the discernment of the discerning will I bring to nought.
20) Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this world? Hath not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?
21) For seeing that in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom knew not God, it was God's good pleasure through the foolishness of the preaching to save them that believe.
22) Seeing that Jews ask for signs, and Greeks seek after wisdom:
23)but we preach Christ crucified, unto Jews a stumbling block, and unto Gentiles foolishness;
24) but unto them that are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
25) Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26) For behold your calling, brethren, that not many wise after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
27 ) but God chose the foolish things of the world, that he might put to shame them that are wise; and God chose the weak things of the world, that he might put to shame the things that are strong;
28) and the base things of the world, and the things that are despised, did God choose, yea and the things that are not, that he might bring to nought the things that are:
29) that no flesh should glory before God.
30) But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who was made unto us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption:
31) that, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
The Quran, Qarib Translation
Â Verse 2:269
He gives wisdom to whom he will, and he who is given wisdom has been given a lot of good.
â€¦say (O Muhammad): ' O my Lord! Increase me in knowledge. '
Back to my question to the smart and interested reader:
Are the Scholars truthful when they claim that the Quran quoted from the Bible?About the Author:
Professor Dr. Ibrahim Khalil, Prof. of Clinical and Chemical Pathology, Head (ex-) of Clinical Microbiology and Infection Control Unit, Ain-Shams University. Cairo, Egypt President of the Egyptian Society of Inventors, Honorary President of SPIC-Egypt (The Society of Practitioners of Infection Control â€“ Egypt), Co-Chief Editor of the Egyptian Journal of Lab. Medicine Member of the Egyptian union of Writers, Published 5 Books and some 60 Medical Articles, Supervisors for 79 PhD theses and111 Master Degree theses.