Effective Mold Remover

Effective Mold Remover

Molds are multi-cell organisms that grow best in moist and humid places. Technically, molds reproduce by releasing spores which can then float in the air and settle on any surface. Mold spores are hardy and can easily survive less then hospitable conditions. They may not immediately grow into a colony but when conditions are good, the mold spores will infest the area.

Molds do not like warm, dry conditions. Although, the mold spores might have reached a dry area, they cannot propagate well in dry areas so they stay dormant for a long time until conditions are feasible for their growth.

Dangerous Mold Removers

There are many different kinds of store bought mold removers available for those who wish to rid themselves of a mold infestation. These chemical mold removers need to be handled with care since they can also be toxic to humans. You can also effectively make your very own mold remover if you wish.

An effective mold remover can be made from a solution made from a combination of bleach and water. Mix one cup bleach with one gallon of water and use this to scrub at the molds in your bathroom floor and walls. This mold remover solution is effective for non porous surfaces but will not have the same effect with wood and other porous materials.

Ammonia and water can also be used as an effective mold remover for non-porous surfaces. It can be applied to the area where you have a mold colony growing and it can effectively get rid of it. If the mold infestation is too great, you might have to call a professional mold remover to deal with it. Mold on the bathroom floor and walls can be easily removed by using either of the two mixtures stated above. Make sure you do not mix ammonia and bleach as these can produce toxic fumes that can be lethal to people.

Mold infestations that have reached the inner walls and floors of a house may have to be eliminated by getting rid of the wood that has been infected with molds. Mold has a tendency of coming right back despite application of a chemical mold remover. This is especially true for porous materials.

It is better to treat a mild mold infestation immediately rather than leave it unattended for several months and deal with the outcome then. Molds have a fast growth rate and they can also be hidden from our view because they tend to grow in moist, damp and humid places such as inside walls and floors.