Understanding The Symptoms Of Black Mold Poisoning

Understanding The Symptoms Of Black Mold Poisoning

Before you can really fully and properly understand the symptoms of black mold poisoning, you need to learn about and be educated on black mold, how it grows and what is involved in the process, and then learn about the dangers and symptoms of black mold poisoning.

What Is Black Mold?

Black mold is one of the more common types of mold, and it is basically a slimy greenish-black substance of mold that can often result in serious health risks. It is actually considered as being one of the most dangerous types of mold, and it is also referred to as Strachybotrys chartarum. In particular it has been closely linked and related to the death of babies from respiratory bleeding and also a contributing factor to various illnesses, including asthma and bronchitis.

Black mold tends to grow in a few areas in particular, including water soaked wood, ceiling tiles, cardboard, and even on cotton items in the home. The mold spores of black mold are easily transported from one area to another and they can even attach themselves to people, animals, and shoes.

There are a few things that you can do to try and prevent black mold growth in your home, namely installing proper ventilation in your bathroom, fixing leaky water pipes, repairing roof leaks, and venting clothes dryers and exhaust fans in your home properly.

Symptoms Of Black Mold Poisoning

The worst part about black mold is that often times people do not even realize that they have black mold growing in their homes until it is too late and they are already suffering from the symptoms of black mold poisoning.

There are actually quite a few different symptoms of black mold poisoning that one may experience, including shortness of breath, coughing, sneezing, runny nose, dry throat, nose bleeds, congestion, and dizziness.

Clean Up

When it comes to cleaning up black mold, you should really leave the job up to the professionals. Black mold can be extremely dangerous, especially if not treated properly, and so unless you are experienced in this area then it is definitely worth it to spend a bit of extra money and hire a professional to come in and do the work for you.

Also remember to take preventive measures in the future so that you can avoid having mold grow back as best as possible. In particular keep all areas of your home dry, because mold thrives off of moisture.