Symptoms Of Mold Poisoning

Symptoms Of Mold Poisoning

Mold is fungi that give off gases as a form of waste secretion. In some types or species of molds, these gases can be dangerous to humans. Molds spores can also be a threat to our health but compared to the gaseous secretions, called mycotoxins, spores are not as dangerous. Although, too much exposure to mold spores can also be lethal to the elderly and infants, over exposure to mycotoxins can be lethal to everybody.

The Toxins Can Be Life Threatening

We can tolerate small amount of exposure to mycotoxins but large amount can be dangerous to us. Those who have a low immune defense system can be more susceptible to mold poisoning than healthier individuals. The elderly and small babies are more prone to mold poisoning. Those who have infections or are sick can also fall victim to mold allergy or mold poisoning.

Mold poisoning symptoms manifest themselves through frequent nosebleeds, coughing up blood, anemia and chest congestion. Milder symptoms of mold poisoning that can be aggravated by further by continuous exposure to molds are hay fever-like symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, water and red eyes, itchy eyes, coughing and a mild throat irritation.

As soon as you suspect that your symptoms are from mold allergy or mold poisoning, consult a doctor immediately. Many people die from over exposure to mycotoxins because they do not believe that mold has the capacity to kill us. Mold poisoning may start out as a mild allergy to molds but it might soon develop into a full-blown case, which may turn out deadly for you.

Things To Look Out For

Be vigilant if you smell a musty odor frequently in your home, as this is one of the ways of knowing if you have a mold infestation. It is dangerous to continually smell or inhale molds so better call a professional who can assess you home effectively and find out if you do have molds inside your walls or ceiling.

Be alert for tiny black specks on your ceiling and walls. These could be signs of molds in the drywall or the insulation within your walls. Clothes can also be infested with molds if they are stored damp. Molds start out as small black spots that eventually grow and destroy the clothing. Do not wear or use clothing or towels that might have a mold infestation. Getting the mold onto your skin can be dangerous for you.